Information for Those Affected by Hurricane Harvey
After Hurricane Harvey made landfall over the weekend, many Texans along the coast experienced significant flood and wind damage, which could lead to confusion or questions about flood coverage within individual insurance policies.
If a flood policy was written in the E&S market and filed with SLTX, a copy can be obtained by calling SLTX at 1-800-681-5848. After appropriate information related to the policyholder has been verified, SLTX will provide a copy of the full policy.
Those outside of the SLTX market may be able to obtain more information from the following organizations:
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) – File a claim at 1-800-788-8247 or online.
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) –The TDI Consumer Help Line is available from
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. central time Monday through Friday at 1-800-252-3439.
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) – Contact the Help Center at 1-800-427-4661 or email questions to email@example.com.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – FEMA has created a webpage with resources for those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Office of the Texas Governor – Gov. Greg Abbott’s office has compiled information online regarding evacuations and available shelters. The Attorney General’s Hotline is also open at 1-800-621-0508.
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) is currently accepting donations to the IICF Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Fund. Donations can be made through the IICF website.
More information will be collected in the coming weeks, and SLTX will be available as a resource for those with questions.