SLTX Continuing Education
About the Event
SLTX is hosting a continuing education symposium where surplus lines insurance professionals can receive up to 4 hours of continuing education credit, at no cost. A downloadable brochure is available here.
Topics will cover Texas laws that impact the surplus lines industry, as well as the state legislative process. Additionally, attendees will receive 2 CE credits for ethics.
An electronic sign-in and sign-out sheet will be available to ensure attendees receive continuing education credits. If you have any questions, please call SLTX at 512-531-1880 or contact the SLTX Education Team.
- Registration for the continuing education event is now available.
- There is no cost to register.
- Registration includes breakfast and lunch.
- Registration will close Friday, March 29, 2019.
- For questions, please contact the SLTX Education Team.
Space is limited. Please register to confirm your attendance.
|9:00-10:45 AM||Ethics and the Insurance Industry (2 CE Credits)
Take a dive into the history of ethics and what it means to the insurance industry. This course examines the insurance agent’s ethical responsibility, as well as the insurer’s. We will give examples of what is or is not ethical behavior in the industry, as well as some practical takeaways on how to navigate ethical dilemmas.
|11:00 AM-12:00 PM||SLTX, the Laws, and You (1 CE Credit)
Learn the specifics about the Texas Administrative Code and Texas Insurance Code as they relate to surplus lines insurance. Participants will also receive an overview of the Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act, followed by instructions on how to properly file surplus lines policies with the Surplus Lines Stamping Office of Texas.
|1:00-2:00 PM||Surplus Lines Legislative Impacts (1 CE Credit)
After the last legislative session in Texas, new laws took effect, such as those concerting industrial insureds and domestic surplus lines insurers. Learn the ins and outs of these new laws, as well as how the Texas Legislature operates. On a national level, we will also look at the National Flood Insurance Program and private flood insurance options.
Ethics and the Insurance Industry
Julia Van Buren
AVP, Surplus Lines Tax & Licensing Compliance
SLTX, the Laws, and You
Duane Morris LLP
Surplus Lines Legislative Impacts
Former Special Counsel and Parliamentarian
Texas House of Representatives
The event will be held at The UT Club, in the President’s Room East (6th floor).
2108 Robert Dedman Drive
Austin, TX 78712
Parking is available at the Manor Garage, located across the street from The UT Club.
Nearby Hotel Accommodations
Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the attendee.
- AT&T Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 University Avenue, Austin, TX 78705
- Hotel Indigo Austin Downtown – University, 810 Red River Street, Austin, TX 78701
- Hyatt House Austin/Downtown, 901 Neches Street, Austin, TX 78701
- JW Marriott Austin, 110 East 2nd Street, Austin, TX 78701
- Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, 700 San Jacinto at 8th Street, Austin, TX 78701
- Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, 701 East 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701
- W Austin, 200 Lavaca Street, Austin, TX 78701
- The Westin Austin Downtown, 310 East 5th Street, Austin, TX 78701
If you are not able to attend the event, please call SLTX at 512-531-1880 or contact the SLTX Education Team to cancel your registration.