FEMA to Host Flood Insurance Workshops
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the Federal Emergency Management Agency will host workshops for insurance and real estate agents to discuss disaster-related insurance issues and changes in flood maps. The events are held at no charge, but registration is encouraged to ensure a seat.
FEMA is partnering with communities, the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), and the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service to hold the event in Texas counties. TDI will also share resources and information. In addition, insurance agents can receive continuing education credits for part of the session.
For more information and to register, please select an event from the list below:
- April 3, 2018: Orange and Jefferson Counties
- April 5, 2018: Chambers and Liberty Counties
- May 1, 2018: Galveston County
- May 2, 2018: Harris County
- May 3, 2018: Harris County
- May 8, 2018: Fort Bend and Wharton Counties
- May 10, 2018: Newton, Jasper, and Hardin Counties
- May 15, 2018: Brazoria and Matagorda Counties
- May 24, 2018: Montgomery and San Jacinto Counties